Ukrainian Russian English
Arseniy Yatsenyuk: There have been evacuated one thousand persons from Debaltsevo
31.01.2015 | 17:21
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT OF THE SECRETARIAT OF THE CMU

At an extraordinary Cabinet’s meeting on Saturday, January 21, Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk informed that from Debaltsevo there had been evacuated about a thousand residents.

The Head of the Government told that at night he had instructed the State Emergency Service to immediately remove people from Debaltsevo, "There are now a total of six buses. They are constantly shelled. When they see we are getting the people out they start shelling".

However, according to Arseniy Yatsenyuk, there are no injuries. Overall there have been evacuated about a thousand people. During the night there have been withdrawn 27 children and 44 elderly people who are incapable of moving around.

Arseniy Yatsenyuk appealed to Minister of Defence of Ukraine Stepan Poltorak to ensure "convoy for the people evacuated from Debaltsevo".

"The situation is, certainly, very difficult. But in this situation it is crucial for everyone to do his job," he said.

The Prime Minister said that following week there would be summoned a meeting of the State Commission on Emergency Situations, "Again, for everyone, it should be checked for how commissions are fulfilled in each region, those concerning civil defence, safety of citizens and protection of objects."

 

print version