titled A New Ukrainian School – the ideology of the reform of secondary
education, which will be introduced in 2018, was presented by Minister of
Education and Science of Ukraine Lilia Hrynevych
today, 18 August 2016, during a pedagogical conference at the House of the
Government that was dedicated to considering the results of development of
preschool, general secondary, extracurricular and vocational education in
2015/2016 academic year and tasks for 2016/2017 academic year.
“Our goal is to provide access to quality education for each child. The
success of Ukraine is in the capacity to build an educated society, because
every child, regardless of his/her abilities, has the right to be successful in
life, to realize his/her own abilities in full which high quality education can
offer,” stressed Lilia Hrynevych.
The Minister noted that the reform aims to raise the competitiveness of
graduates in the 21st century - to make them well-rounded, capable of critical
thinking, be integrated personality, a patriot with active attitude, innovator,
capable of changing the world and lifelong learning.
A formula of the new Ukrainian school contains 8 basic components:
1. New curriculum, based on the formation of competencies necessary to
ensure successful realization of personal potential in the society.
2. Pedagogy based on partnership among student, teacher and parent.
3. Motivated teacher who has the freedom of creativity and improves his
4. Focus on the needs of pupil in the educational process, child
5. Entwined upbringing process, which generates values.
6. New structure of school, enabling to effectively absorb new knowledge
and to acquire competences necessary in life.
7. Decentralization and effective management that will provide real
autonomy to schools.
8. Equitable distribution of public funds, thus providing equal access
for all children to quality education.
The educational process will be an integral part of the entire learning
process and focus on universal values. Formation of a character is possible
only through experience. The entire life of the new school will be organized
following a model of respect for human rights and democracy.